HomeNewsNationalHiker Rescued After Spider Bite Left Her Legs Paralyzed

Hiker Rescued After Spider Bite Left Her Legs Paralyzed

A woman was rescued after she found herself stranded near a creek on the Taboose Pass Trail in the Sierra Nevada mountains. The Inyo County Search & Rescue said that the woman went to the creek to get some water when she was bitten by what she thought was a spider.

Not long after she was bitten, the woman started to lose feeling in her legs.

Luckily, the woman was able to send her coordinates to rescuers before her phone battery died.

Rescue workers hiked nearly two miles to her position and helped her walk about a quarter of a mile to a wheeled litter that was waiting to transport her back to the trailhead, which was about a mile and a half away.

They arrived at the trailhead around midnight, nearly six hours after the woman called for help.

Authorities did not identify the woman or provide any information about her condition.

Eyekon Radio
Eyekon Radiohttp://eyekonradio.com
Southern California's hit radio from the streets. Playing local and mainstream music from yesterday, today, and tomorrow. We also have the best local talk radio and podcast shows!

Most Popular

Recent Comments