HomeNewsLocalMother Pleads No Contest to Child Abuse in 2-Year-Old Son's Drug Death

Mother Pleads No Contest to Child Abuse in 2-Year-Old Son’s Drug Death

LANCASTER (CNS) – The mother of a 2-year-old boy whom authorities say died from fentanyl ingestion in Palmdale pleaded no contest Monday to child abuse resulting in death.

Anaie Flores, 23, is facing eight years in state prison, with sentencing set June 11 in Lancaster, according to Assistant Head Deputy Jonathan Hatami of the Complex Child Abuse Section.

“The case was challenging because the child victim’s (maternal) grandfather admitted to smoking the fentanyl. He died before we could put the case together and effectuate an arrest,” Hatami said. “The defendant, still as his mother, was legally responsible for the safety of her child.”

Flores was charged last October with murder and child abuse resulting in death in connection with the Nov. 7, 2023, death of her son, Angel.

Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputies responded that day to the 800 block of East Avenue P-15, where the boy was found unresponsive, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.

He was taken to a hospital where he was pronounced dead, sheriff’s officials said.

The boy died from the effects of fentanyl toxicity, according to the county Medical Examiner’s office, which deemed the child’s death to be an accident.

Flores was arrested last Oct. 9 by Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department deputies and has remained behind bars since then, jail records show.

Eyekon Radio
Eyekon Radiohttp://eyekonradio.com
Southern California's hit radio from the streets. Playing local and mainstream music from yesterday, today, and tomorrow. We also have the best local talk radio and podcast shows!

Most Popular

Recent Comments