Family Asks for Investigation into Man Making Threats

NORTH HOLLYWOOD (CNS) – A man who threatened an Asian-American family at a fast-food restaurant in North Hollywood in May missed a court appearance, according to media reports, and the family is asking Friday for police to continue to investigate the incident.

Members of the family who were threatened told Fox 11 the man was recorded on cell phone video using racial slurs and making threats in mid-May.

The suspect was cited by police and released after the incident. He was scheduled to appear in court earlier this month, but did not show up.

Members of the community are having a rally Friday outside the Los Angeles Superior Court in Van Nuys at noon to demand justice for the Roque family, which was allegedly attacked by the man. The court is at 6230 Sylmar Ave.

The attack happened at a McDonald’s in North Hollywood. Nerissa Roque, 47, and Patricia Roque, 19, say they were waiting in the drive-thru where their vehicle was struck by another car.

The driver of the car is recorded on cell phone video using racial slurs, making a mocking Asian accent and threatening “to kill” the two women.

Gabriel Roque, the husband and father of the women, arrived and was involved in a physical altercation with the man. Gabriel Roque was taken to a hospital for medical care and sustained injuries, including a broken rib, the family says in a release.

“This was the most traumatic experience of our lives. I feared that the suspect would kill us because of what we looked like — because we are Asian,” said Patricia Roque. “We are demanding a full investigation by the Los Angeles Police Department and demand that this case be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.”

- Advertisment -

Must Read

At Least 6 Hikers Killed, 9 Injured By Chunk Of Alpine...

0
A large chunk of an alpine glacier broke off a mountain and struck several hikers in Italy on Sunday (July 3), killing at least...
- Advertisment -